We brush our teeth and see a dentist for a minty-clean and sparkling smile, but do you pay enough attention to your dog’s mouth?!
Dogs aren’t as prone to cavities as humans are, but that doesn’t mean cleaning their teeth should be avoided. Canines can develop problems like tartar and plaque buildup and gingivitis, which lead to dental diseases. These diseases result in bad breath, painful chewing, and tooth loss, not to mention, the bacteria under the gums can travel to the heart, kidneys, and liver.
We love the following teeth cleaning treats and toys because they’re not only good for your pup’s teeth, but they’re also safe for their insides!
- Kissable Dog – From toothbrushes and paste to instant breath foam to oral care water additives, Kissable Dog has products to help keep your pup’s teeth and mouth clean.
- Himalayan – Ruff Bones are soaked in olive oil and helps gently clean teeth and promote fresh breath.
- Aussie Naturals – Water Buffalo Horns are a great way to keep your dog’s teeth and gums clean and healthy.
- Merrick – Fresh Kisses are teeth cleaning treats designed not only to clean dog’s teeth but to truly freshen breath at the same time. These are similar to the concept of Greenies products but are an all-natural alternative infused with Mint-Flavored Breath Strips or Coconut & Botanical Oils.
- Felt and rope toys also help to clean teeth.
Even with teeth cleaning aids, professional dental cleaning is recommended every 6 months to remove plaque and tartar from a pet’s teeth and to assess the health of the mouth. Need a check-up for your pup? K9 Grillz offers non-anesthetic dental cleanings at Fitdog every other month. Our next cleaning date is Wednesday, September 20! Call us at (310) 828 – 3647 or email to make an appointment.